Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting problem

Hi, I'm trying to sort a column w/ an =IF function that returns a blan
cell. When sorted, this blank cell is sorted first (I guess excel see
it as text?) before the numbers. EG

Column A
5
3
8
=IF(B1=1, B1, "")
10

On sort, it will look like:

Column A

10
8
5
3

with the blank cell above the #10. Is there any way that I can get i
to look like:

ColumnA
10
8
5
3

with the blank cell following the 3

--
elaye
elayem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1534

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I only get that if the numbers are actually stored as text. Otherwise the
formula produced blank sorts to the bottom.

Tom Ogilvy

"elayem" wrote in message

Hi, I'm trying to sort a column w/ an =IF function that returns a blank
cell. When sorted, this blank cell is sorted first (I guess excel sees
it as text?) before the numbers. EG

Column A
5
3
8
=IF(B1=1, B1, "")
10

On sort, it will look like:

Column A

10
8
5
3

with the blank cell above the #10. Is there any way that I can get it
to look like:

ColumnA
10
8
5
3

with the blank cell following the 3?

--
elayem
elayem's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=269656

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry - I was sorting ascending and now I see you are sorting descending.

I would sort all the data ascending, then select just the numbers and sort
descending.

Tom Ogilvy