Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 sp3 problem with vba and Solver AddIn

I'm having the problem outlined in Microsoft KB 821430 - "XL2000: The
Solver Add-in May Not Work When You Start Solver by Using a Macro".
More info at:

Briefly, some users of Excel 2000 with sp3 cannot use vba to run the
Solver Add-In. In my case (and I assume for others), VBA runs the
solver, but does not use any of the vba specified parameters.
Micro$oft has a fix...which is not available on any website...and you
have to contact tech support and pay $$...or wait til they release
sp4.

I could work around it but I am developing an application for a
client, and the users are potentially running 2000 sp3. The solver
part needs to be automated, thus the reason for using vba.

Has anyone found another solution? Any work around? I'm not feeling
warm and fuzzy about writing my own solver.

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scott;

Are you sure MS has a fix?
I encountered a similar problem with XL 2002 SP-3 sometime ago, and was able
to work around it. It might work in your situation!
Please provide more details if you have not yet solved the problem.

"Scott" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Monir,
I have the same problem now as what Scot has...I contacted microsoft and
they say the fix is available on a chargeable basis....Could u pls help me as
how you solved the problem?
Thanks a lot
Madhavan.R