-   -   Automatically execute a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313638-automatically-execute-macro.html)

Harry[_6_]

Automatically execute a macro

Hi all,
I know absolutely nothing about VBA programming but would like to
make my excel spreadsheet a bit more stylish and slick.
I have a macro that opens a file and selects a specific worksheet that
I need to goto.
I would like to do this when mouse clicking on a specific cell.
I don't know how to reference a cell and I don't know how to execute a
macro when the cell has been selected.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Harry.

Frank Kabel

Automatically execute a macro

Hi
as a starting point:
http://cpearson.com/excel/events.htm

"Harry" wrote:

Hi all,
I know absolutely nothing about VBA programming but would like to
make my excel spreadsheet a bit more stylish and slick.
I have a macro that opens a file and selects a specific worksheet that
I need to goto.
I would like to do this when mouse clicking on a specific cell.
I don't know how to reference a cell and I don't know how to execute a
macro when the cell has been selected.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Harry.

Tom Ogilvy

Automatically execute a macro

Perhaps the selectionchange event.

See Chip Pearson's page on Events

Post back with specific followup questions.

Tom Ogilvy

om...