Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy paste with min data transfer

I have this macro that opens a specified excel file (a large one) i
order to import information from it to another excel.

To import the information I use the copy usedarea function and paste i
as values in the target.

For some reason this macro results in my target file becoming hug
(lots of MB). When I try doing the same procedure manually (copy rang
- paste special values. The result is different and does not import an
access MBs.

Is there a way to import data in the minimum storage capacity?

Thanks

--
dud
dude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1531

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you do this manually, how do you find the used range?

If you locate it yourself, maybe you're not doing the same thing that excel
does.

ctrl-end will take to you the last used cell.

If that's way past what you expect, maybe a visit to Debra Dalgleish's site will
help:

(She has some code there that you may want to incorporate into your macro.)

dude wrote:

I have this macro that opens a specified excel file (a large one) in
order to import information from it to another excel.

To import the information I use the copy usedarea function and paste it
as values in the target.

For some reason this macro results in my target file becoming huge
(lots of MB). When I try doing the same procedure manually (copy range
- paste special values. The result is different and does not import any

dude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15315
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=269372

--

Dave Peterson