Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Blank rows in a filtered list

Its definitely an idea, I just tried it, and I was able to achieve m
effect. I just autofiltered for blanks on another column, deleted th
contents of all the rows that had the subtotals, and viola, blank rows
Thanks!

Dave Peterson Wrote:
Have you tried the built in Data|subtotals.

The new rows may not be blank, but you could clear them if you want.

Using the outline symbols at the right, just show the subtotal line
that you
want to clear.

Select your range
edit|goto|special|blanks
and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

You can turn off the outlining symbols via:
tools|options|view tab

(but I like those subtotals--even if it's just a count of the ke
column.)

Remember to have your data sorted the way you want before you d
data|subtotals.

carg1 wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have

sheet
with columns A:I containing data. In column D, there are numbers

the
majority of which repeat. I wanted to "group" those together by
inserting blank rows after each group, for example, if there is

group
of 12 consecutive rows in which the number 58496351 is in column D

want a blank row inserted after the last row which contains that
number; another group of 2 rows in which 9633698714 is in column D,
blank row, and so forth. So far the closest I've come is with this
macro:

Sub Insert_Blank_Rows()

Columns("D:D").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, Unique:=True

Selection.End(xlDown).Select

If Selection.Rows.Hidden = False Then
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert shift:=xlUp
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select

It does an advanced filter on column d, then, presumably, if the ro

is
not hidden then it inserts a blank row after it. I don't know if
there's a more efficient way to do it, I'd like to know if there is.
But the thing with that macro is that I'm not sure how to implemen

loop in it. I tried a Do While...Loop Until and it gives me a

"Object
required" error. So how do I get this thing to loop, or is there a
better way to do this?

--
carg1

carg1's Profile