Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default addin problems

I am having problems with the solver addin when referencing it in VBA. Each
computer that has the problem, seems to be random, does have the solver
installed and properly referenced for VBA. Every now and again, I will open
a file with a macro referencing solver, and get an error. The only way I can
fix it is to remove the solver addin and add it back in again. Each time I
do check to be sure the solver is properly referenced in VB editor, and it is
each time. I have heard of this happening to other people I work with as
well, all of us using different machines. Version of Excel used ranges from
2000-2003. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have included a reply
to a post I had in another group suggesting I check here for additional info
on this. Thanks.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your information, you reference Solver.xla in your workbook in
Excel. When opening the workbook a second time, the reference is broken
and you need to re-reference it for the macro to run properly. If I have
misunderstood you, please let me know.

According to my experience, most likely this issue occurs because the
solver.xla is not opened when opening the workbook. You may open the
workbook on another computer and then open Visual Basic Editor to check
if solver.xla is loaded.

A possible workaround on this issue is to add some code to load the
solver.xla when opening this workbook. You may reference the following
article for related information.
185002 XL97: "Run-Time Error '32813'" When Creating Reference to the
Solver
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=185002

In case you need further assistance on this development related issue, I
suggest you directly post your questions in our developer newsgroup
which provides more efficient and accurate support. The developer
newsgroups are located at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp.

I hope the information helps. Have a nice day!

Regards,
Jason Lu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

Please note that you may receive this email notification before you are
able to view my reply in the newsgroup. If you are unable to view the
reply to your thread after a few hours, please send me an email with a
description of the problem and what newsreader you are using.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jason Lu
Microsoft Online Support Engineer