Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Addins - Index or key

Hi

I am currently setting the Excel Addin "Analysis Toolpak" through th
sub Auto_Open using the following piece of code

Sub Auto_Open()
If (AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False) Then
AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True
End If
end sub

Now there is a problem if the OS of the user is using another languag
like french or italian. On opening the file, it gives an error sayin
index not found. This is obviously because the text "Analysis Toolpak
is "Utilitaire d'analyse" in french and it does not find the englis
text.

If I use Addins(1) this works fine in english but they are arranged i
ascending order, this would give a problem as I don't know at wha
number would the corresponding addin in another language be in th
list.

Any help on this one. Do these addins have some unique identifier o
key. Or if I can refer to its filename somehow.

Manges

--
mangesh_yada
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1047

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could perhaps use

addins.count

to check for full names via

addins.Item(i).FullName

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

another note:

since apparently you'll be working in an international
environment.. AVOID THE TOOLPAK!

workbooks that contain functions from the AnalysisToolpak
DO NOT translate automatically.

e.g. using the weeknum function in English Excel..
sending it to a Dutch colleague will give him (or her)
a NAME# error. (as the Dutch functions is called WEEKNUMMER())

Yep.. it's truely one of MS's better efforts :)
Excel has grown from 4.5 to 9.8 MB (xl97 to xl2003),
why not include the damned functions in excel itself...?
or in a properly coded dll?

keepITcool

mangesh_yadav wrote:

Hi

I am currently setting the Excel Addin "Analysis Toolpak" through the
sub Auto_Open using the following piece of code

Sub Auto_Open()
If (AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False) Then
AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = True
End If
end sub

Now there is a problem if the OS of the user is using another language
like french or italian. On opening the file, it gives an error saying
index not found. This is obviously because the text "Analysis Toolpak"
is "Utilitaire d'analyse" in french and it does not find the english
text.

If I use Addins(1) this works fine in english but they are arranged in
ascending order, this would give a problem as I don't know at what
number would the corresponding addin in another language be in the
list.

Any help on this one. Do these addins have some unique identifier or
key. Or if I can refer to its filename somehow.

Mangesh

excel addins KRK New Users to Excel 1 May 20th 09 02:59 PM
Excel Addins Problem Hema Setting up and Configuration of Excel 0 June 12th 07 10:22 AM
C++ Com Addins for Excel Frank[_19_] Excel Programming 5 December 26th 03 08:21 AM
Managing Addins in Excel Lorin Excel Programming 1 July 26th 03 02:23 PM
Excel Addins AA[_2_] Excel Programming 2 July 8th 03 04:10 PM