Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linked WorkBook ... TabSheet Sort?

Excel 2000 ... I previously posted under "General ?s", but
got no response ... So now I am posting here.

If I link an entire TabSheet in WorkBooks B, C, D, E,
etc ... to a single TabSheet in WorkBook A ... can I then
sort TabSheet in WorkBooks B, C, D, E to a different sort
from that of TabSheet in WorkBook A and still retain data
integrity???

In other words ... Can I link mulitple one for one
TabSheets to a single TabSheet ... then change the sort on
the linked TabSheets & still maintain data integrity?

If can do ... any pit-falls???

Thanks ... Kha
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ken, wake up!

Ever tried it in it's most simple form?
Type
a1 = George
a2 = John

a5 = =A1

select a1, press SortZA

did you really expect the formula to retain it's pointer to the original
"record"? EXCEL IS NO DATABASE. it's a Spreadsheet.

There is and never will be "DATA INTEGRITY" within excel;
at least not in the context of "database".

<g

keepITcool