Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accouting & Database

Hi Frank

They are in different workbook. Your Method doesn't work for me in thi
case this case. :(

I have a few project running at a time. And Expenses is Key i
according to the dates of cheque issued and cheque recieved. Projec
Expenses is a Profit and loss workbook and key in according to th
same project.

Mindy On

--
Minde
Mindee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=679

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Mindee,
we can still use formulas.
=('H:\CodeStuff\[ConnectPaths.xls]Sheet1'!D4)
here is a fomula i just tested. It will get data out of
the other workbook where the workbook is open or not.
you will have to adjust the file paths in your formulas no
doubt.
=COUNTA('S:\PUBLIC\Ae-pc\Work Order Monitor\FY03\[Work
Order Monitoring Jan.xls]MPX'!$A$4:$A$500)
here is another one that works. it is all one line.
but i thing you will be interested in the first one.
reqards
Frank
They are in different workbook. Your Method doesn't work

for me in this
case this case. :(

I have a few project running at a time. And Expenses is

Key in
according to the dates of cheque issued and cheque

recieved. Project
Expenses is a Profit and loss workbook and key in

according to the
same project.

Mindy Ong

--