Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Returning the range name in VBA

I just got another tip which is similar to yours, Tom:

If ActiveCell.Name.NameLocal="Revenue" then ...

What might the difference be between .Name and .NameLocal

--
John Tji
John Tjia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=468

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're using the English version of Excel, none. If a foreign language, it
should return the name in that language. But presumably the user would have
used his native tongue when setting up the name.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:55:20 -0500, John Tjia
wrote:

I just got another tip which is similar to yours, Tom:

If ActiveCell.Name.NameLocal="Revenue" then ...

What might the difference be between .Name and .NameLocal?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I doubt it does much of anything except perhaps with built in names like
Database or Print_Area. then it might translate them to the name used in
that local. (I don't know, I don't have access to other than US English)
For a name like "ABCD" or "Revenue" I doubt it would do anything.

Tom Ogilvy

"John Tjia" wrote in message

I just got another tip which is similar to yours, Tom:

If ActiveCell.Name.NameLocal="Revenue" then ...

What might the difference be between .Name and .NameLocal?

--
John Tjia
John Tjia's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=268487