Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multi-user dilemma.

I have a work macroo that is very simple. When a user enters a ten digi
number, it does a find in the range of G100:G65000. It has thre
digit number is added to the next G cell, and is available for the nex
find (re-run of the macro).

In an attempt to go multi-user it was apparent that the users where i
contention for the same cells at the same time.

Is there a method or code that would allow for one to take precedence
and the other to append to the applied changes, or am I looking at thi
all wrong?

Thank yo

--
GC
GCF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=412

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Multiuser environment and 65k + data records is what databases do very well.
You shouldn't use a spreadsheet program for this.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"GCF" skrev i melding

I have a work macroo that is very simple. When a user enters a ten digit
number, it does a find in the range of G100:G65000. It has three
digit number is added to the next G cell, and is available for the next
find (re-run of the macro).

In an attempt to go multi-user it was apparent that the users where in
contention for the same cells at the same time.

Is there a method or code that would allow for one to take precedence,
and the other to append to the applied changes, or am I looking at this
all wrong?

Thank you

--
GCF