Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code striped off?

I was trying to send a xl file having lot of my macros to
a friend by email. What I found is that the file reaches
there without the VBA code inside. I tried to zip it but
still the code is stripped off. I also tried different
free emails but result is same.

Is there a way around?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is probably your email program or his that's interfering. I've sent and
received workbooks containing code without any problems.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:58:15 -0700, "Maxwell"
wrote:

I was trying to send a xl file having lot of my macros to
a friend by email. What I found is that the file reaches
there without the VBA code inside. I tried to zip it but
still the code is stripped off. I also tried different
free emails but result is same.

Is there a way around?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe if the problem continues then copy and paste the code into a text
file, send this also by email, and get your mate to copy and paste the code
back in when he receives it??????

andym

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I was trying to send a xl file having lot of my macros to
a friend by email. What I found is that the file reaches
there without the VBA code inside. I tried to zip it but
still the code is stripped off. I also tried different
free emails but result is same.

Is there a way around?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've had lot's of trouble with McAfee antivirus.

It has some generic macrocleaners that will strip code
IF thisworkbook's code module contains code referencing
the visual basic object module.

Maybe your friend has McAfee running? If so he might have seen
a warning message..

keepITcool