Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toolbar 'Hiccup' problem

In Excel 2000, my application shows a different toolbar with specific
worksheets when selected. On Worksheet deactivate, VBA deletes the toolbar
for that sheet. On activate, VBA creates the appropriate toolbar for the
selected sheet. Works fine.
Problem is, it gives the appearance of 'hiccuping' when switching
worksheets. When the toolbar is deleted, the screen raises up (no toolbar
visible), then re-adjusts downward when the new toolbar is created. There is
no predicting which sequence the user will select sheets.
I have thought about creating a 'spacer' blank toolbar to keep things even,
but I can't figure how to place it, as the worksheets' toolbars is in
position 1. There is room to the right for another toolbar, but don't know
how to place it there. I would create it before the old toolbar is deleted,
switch sheets which creates the new real toolbar, then delete the spacer
toolbar. It would happen quickly, so user wouldn't notice the blank toolbar
while there.
It's a minor visual problem that does not affect performance, but several
users have mentioned it as distracting. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Denny

Or can I use the same toolbar, but delete all controls, and add new ones
when switching sheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let the toolbar float.

Tom Ogilvy

"Denny Behnfeldt" wrote in message
[...]

Toolbar problem Al9315 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 1st 09 07:43 PM
Toolbar Problem PT New Users to Excel 1 February 5th 07 09:06 AM
Toolbar problem ! gaftalik Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 25th 05 07:22 PM
Toolbar problem Anthony Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 1st 05 01:05 AM
Toolbar saving problem Anthony Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 21st 05 06:17 PM