Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to protect VB script

my excel program uses vb script,
some subs in my script also access codemodule adding events or some su
statements.

but how to protect my vb from clients,
for example i dont want that anybody can view my code

it is possible in excel ????

thank

--
Mare
Marek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1376

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
-In the vba editor, select your project.
- menu Tools 'VBAProject' Properties (or right-click the project in the
Project Explorer and choose Properties), tab Protection:
-check 'Lock Project For Viewing'
-and enter a password.

However you need to know that this type of protection is similar to
protecting an excel sheet: not very strong. Many free software found on the
web crack the project in a minute. But it's better than nothing. Also, while
protected , the code is not encrypted.

Regards,
Sebastien

"Marek" wrote:

my excel program uses vb script,
some subs in my script also access codemodule adding events or some sub
statements.

but how to protect my vb from clients,
for example i dont want that anybody can view my code

it is possible in excel ????

thanks

--
Marek