Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stopping an excel macro while it is running.

I have written a macro for a uni project.

It takes in values from a GPS (location) and A/D converter (signa
strangth).
It records these values once a second in a loop.

I want the user to be able to stop running this program whenever the
have
enough data.

Please Help Me!

Thankyou in advance..

--
Tigga
Tiggaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1515

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I don't know what you are using to capture the GPS and A/D converter, but
many of the industry ship software control and many as OLE Objects.

Assuming some OLEObject were shipped, instead of looping in a vba loop and
request values every second, you could a object, say oGPS that you would set
to 1 second and the object would Tick every second. By capturing and
processing the event only, there would be no loop and the user could continue
to work or do whatever such as stopping the recording process.

If you don't have such software, you could create a timer that only run the
recording macro every second. See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

Regards,
Sebastien

"Tiggaz" wrote:

I have written a macro for a uni project.

It takes in values from a GPS (location) and A/D converter (signal
strangth).
It records these values once a second in a loop.

I want the user to be able to stop running this program whenever they
have
enough data.

Please Help Me!

Thankyou in advance...

--
Tiggaz
Tiggaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15151

Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
Stopping Excel macro pattern recgonition mal1920 New Users to Excel 2 November 17th 05 05:10 AM
stopping macro DPK Excel Programming 3 May 13th 04 06:50 AM
Stopping Excel after running visual basic in Access Bill McCaleb Excel Programming 4 April 4th 04 02:20 AM
My Macro keeps stopping?? Sh0t2bts Excel Programming 5 October 28th 03 03:08 PM