Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Link spreadsheets by clicking on a field

Joe

How about a Hyperlink to the other file?

Right-click on the cell(field) and "Hyperlink".

Select your file to open from the options.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:23:40 -0700, "joe wojdyla"
wrote:

I have a master list in the cover spread sheet. By clicing
on a field that has say purchas eorder number,I want to
have excell open the corresponing spread sheet with
detail. I want to link from a field to a new document.