Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PO PO is offline

Default HELP

Hi!
I have the same problem as "sarasta" (posted 7/10). I have a great number of
client machines which need to connect to an Oracle 8 DB. But the majority
don't have Oracle Client installed. I have however access to one of our
servers which has a server version of Oracle Client installed.

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible, using Excel VBA, to connect to an Oracle 8 DB without
having Oracle Client installed on the PC? All clients have "Microsoft ODBC
for Oracle" installed.

2. If not, is it possible for the clients to connect to the Oracle DB using
the server and it's Oracle Client installation?

TIA
PO