Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Splash Screen

Hi:

I am attempting to develop an Excel application that is seamlessness linked with an Access
application so the end user does not know (or care) what underlying tols are being used.
It all works fine, but the "seamless"aspect is hurt by the fact that the Excel splash
screen keeps opening up whenever I open the worksheet.

Is there some way I can programmatically suppress the splash screen when the Excel sheet
is opened?

Best

John Baker
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

You could move the splash screen open to the Auto_Open macro, that doesn't
fire when Excel is opened via Automation.

--

HTH

RP

"John Baker" wrote in message
Hi:

I am attempting to develop an Excel application that is seamlessness

linked with an Access
application so the end user does not know (or care) what underlying tols

are being used.
It all works fine, but the "seamless"aspect is hurt by the fact that the

Excel splash
screen keeps opening up whenever I open the worksheet.

Is there some way I can programmatically suppress the splash screen when

the Excel sheet
is opened?

Best

John Baker

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the suggestion. Im not certyain how I would move the opening code, can you
enlightn me. Is there some sort of commandf like "application.splashscreen=False", or is
there VBA code I could insert?

By the way, the auto_open in my spreadsheet does fire when I open from Access, in fact
thats one of the keys to the whole operation.

Thanks

John Baker

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

John,

You could move the splash screen open to the Auto_Open macro, that doesn't
fire when Excel is opened via Automation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, I am assuming that you have a userform in the workbook, which is invoked
in code somewhere, with a line like

Userform1.Show

Move this code to the Auto_Open () macro.

--

HTH

RP