Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem Excel VB Macros

I am new to this excel VB Macros.

I came across the excel sheet with macros which extracts 10 height
from a text files stored in some subfolder in server.

For eg: Product A has ten heights in ten columns in a row
ProductB has ten heights in ten columns in second row..Likewise aroun
100 products are there..But sometimes all these ten heights are no
there..
For eg: Product A has only 7 heights the rest 3 columns are empty
For eg:Product b has only 3 heights the rest 7 columns are empty..
So i want to take the last height available from each product row .
After that i want to calculate the Average height of all th
products,Minimum height and maximum height of all the products.Al
these calculation should be based on the final height available fro
column1 to column10.(not on the 10th column which is empty)

My other problem is i have a list of products.
I want to get the products according to the user input in the macros.I
this case
For eg: filepath = "\\199.182.2.123\pc_Data\Aaaa10\A44410\"
gStep(stepid) & "\" & datepath

If (fso.FolderExists(filepath)) Then
With Application.FileSearch
.LookIn = filepath
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Filename = "*.*"

after searching for the datepath (which is a folder) it seache
for the subfolder and all the files according to the productname use
input.

I want to narrow down my search pattern like if the user input AA al
the files starting with AA should be displayed on th
chart(eg:AA234op.txt)..If he enters BB all files starting with B
should be displayed on the excel sheet.

Hope somebody can help me on these two problems of mine
Thank yo

--
shijyshell
shijyshelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1482