Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combine .textorproperty and select case

I have a series of files to read into a
program. The way that the files get processed
depends on what type of information is contained
within that file. The only way to determine what
type of file it is (meaning the type of information and the
structure of that information) is based on what information
is contained in the header of that file.

Specifically, I'm looking for particular words:

"Budget" or "Actual" AND
"By Month" or "By Year"
"Valids" or "Combos"
"$" or "Stats"

Is there some way to combine the .textorproperty and select
case to make this check quickly. It would save me a lot of time because
as it is now, I have to have several independent loops to process each
of these files when in fact if I had the info above, it could be much
less.