Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with file opening formula

I'm really needing a formula (or macro) to open a closed file by typin
it's name in a cell.
For example: In cell A1, I type "Filename". In cell B1 I type "F2".
Then C1 will show the contents of file; Filename cell F2
Thank

--
greasybo
greasybob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=792

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
download morefunc.xll from the following site:
http://longre.free.fr/english
use the formula in C1:
=INDIRECT.EXT("'C:\temp\[" & A1 & ".xls]sheet1'!" & B2)

adapt your path and the sheet reference

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"greasybob" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

I'm really needing a formula (or macro) to open a closed file by

typing
it's name in a cell.
For example: In cell A1, I type "Filename". In cell B1 I type "F2".
Then C1 will show the contents of file; Filename cell F2
Thanks

--
greasybob

---