Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Common Controls Color Dialog Box ...

In all Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Graph, PowerPoint) the color
picker has a set of 40 colors. Why is it that if you use the Common
Controls Color Dialog Box, that there is a different set of colors. Not
only that, is it possible to synchronize the two OR is there any
possibly to define the initial colors in the CCCDB.

This problem arises from my desire to have a user choose colors on an
Access form. These colors will be used to create charts in PowerPoint.
As I have an initial set of colours that color SHOULD be displayed when
the user clicks the change-color button. This does not work as some of
my default colors (e.g. 6697881 Plum) is not present on the CCCDB.

Also is there any way to extract the NAMES of the colors. This is not
really important, just curious.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

----
Sean
"Just press the off switch, and go to sleep!"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi.
most apps on only have a few predefined colors. microsoft
uses 56. lotus used 256. you can design your own.
goto toolsoptionscolor click modify button click cumstom
tab.
but custom colors created on one machine may not be
available on another.
you would have to create the colors with code using the
RGB function.
RGB(255, 255, 255)= white
RGB(186, 186, 186)= gray
RGB(1,1,1) = black
RGB(256,256,147) = yellow
you can use the custom color creator mentioned above to
get all the numbers for the colors you need.
names. not sure. i never use them
in a blank workbook copy and paste the following code. it
will show you all of the built in color indexes.
Sub macGetColors()
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("B2").Select
Set ci = Range("A1")
ci.Value = 1
Set c = Range("B2")
Do Until ci 56
Set c2 = c.Offset(1, 0)
Set cnum = c.Offset(0, 1)
c.Interior.ColorIndex = ci.Value
c.Offset(0, 1) = ci.Value
ci.Value = ci.Value + 1
Set c = c2
c.Select
Loop
End Sub

[...]

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi again,
I did use the RGB function in an access form.
using the form's timer event, the form gradually and
constantly changes color form red to blue to green to
yellow. i call it my psychodilic hippy form.