Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default stubborn macro

I've found macros very useful in the past, but I haven't
used one for a while, and I'm (clearly) out of practice.

I'm trying to write a simple macro which draws a bubble
chart uses a few cells of data from a worksheet. It's
stopping on the first line after Charts.Add -

ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBubble

and I don't understand why!

Anyone got any bright ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you try recording a macro while you created one manually. Even that
isn't fool proof, but it should be a start. The order you do things in
chart creation with macros can be important. It is possible you don't have
you data in the chart yet or for some other reason, it errors on xlbubble.
Also, I don't believe there was a bubble chart option in Excel 97.

For the best help, you might want to post this question (with more details)
in the Charting newsgroup

Microsoft.public.excel.charting

Tom Ogilvy

"josie" wrote in message
I've found macros very useful in the past, but I haven't
used one for a while, and I'm (clearly) out of practice.

I'm trying to write a simple macro which draws a bubble
chart uses a few cells of data from a worksheet. It's
stopping on the first line after Charts.Add -

ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBubble

and I don't understand why!

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

That's exactly what I did. Designed the chart from data
on the worksheet while recording, then got rid of the
chart and ran the macro. No joy.

Thanks anyway. I'll post the query with more detail on the
charting section.

Josie

.