Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XP activesheet.paste error on VMware servers

Hi all, I'm using VBA to copy & paste 26 text (.txt) files t
spreadsheets, and it works perfectly, except when it hits a rathe
large 26Mb one. When these spreadsheets were being run on an XP P
using Excel 97 & XP all works fine. However we've just migrated t
VMWare servers, and all the macros work fine, they are just copies o
themselves referring to different TXT files. However half way throug
all the copy & paste functions one sheet errors and the Debug optio
takes me to ActiveSheet.Paste with the error

Run Time error 1004
Paste Method of Worksheet Class failed

The annoying thing is that it works perfectly on every other sheet
except when it hits this 26 Mb one. The server has 1Gb of RAM, and
CPU's - so it's not a processor / memory issue. The code used i
listed below.

Windows("BHYT.XLS").Activate
Sheets("Breakup by ClientType").Select
Range("A2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Has anyone had this issue before, or know a workaround?

Thanks

--
pcor
pcora's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1478

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It could be lots of things...

I didn't see how anything got copied.

Any chance you lost the contents of the clipboard?

Any chance that the amount of data was too large to fit on the sheet?

pcora wrote:

Hi all, I'm using VBA to copy & paste 26 text (.txt) files to
spreadsheets, and it works perfectly, except when it hits a rather
large 26Mb one. When these spreadsheets were being run on an XP PC
using Excel 97 & XP all works fine. However we've just migrated to
VMWare servers, and all the macros work fine, they are just copies of
themselves referring to different TXT files. However half way through
all the copy & paste functions one sheet errors and the Debug option
takes me to ActiveSheet.Paste with the error

Run Time error 1004
Paste Method of Worksheet Class failed

The annoying thing is that it works perfectly on every other sheet,
except when it hits this 26 Mb one. The server has 1Gb of RAM, and 2
CPU's - so it's not a processor / memory issue. The code used is

pcora's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14787
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=264109

--

Dave Peterson