Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-in toolbars

Hi, I created an add-in and attached a toolbar to it.
Now when I try to edit that toolbar the edits do not seem
to take. I read that the toolbars are stored in two
locations and tried to...

* delete the toolbar
* open the add-in
* edit the toolbar

but it still does not work.

I also tried with a final step of attaching the toolbar
again but to no avail.

What am I missing here?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Cloe,

In order to make changes to an attached toolbar stick you have to go
through the following steps:

1) Open the add-in so the toolbar appears.
2) Turn the IsAddIn property of the add-in's ThisWorkbook object to False so
the add-in is visible in the Excel window.
3) Choose Tools/Customize from the Excel menu and click the Attach button on
the Toolbars tab.
4) In the Attach Toolbars dialog select your toolbar name from the "Toolbars
in workbook:" list and click the Delete button. Make sure the name of your
toolbar no longer appears in the right-hand list or the edits will not work.
5) Click OK to close the Attach Toolbars dialog and the Customize dialog.
6) Make whatever changes you want to your toolbar.
8) Select your toolbar from the "Custom toolbars;" list and click the Copy
button to reattach it to the add-in.

9) Click OK to close both dialogs
10) Set the IsAddin property of your add-in's ThisWorkbook object back to
True and save your add-in from the Visual Basic Editor.

If you follow these steps exactly as shown, your toolbar changes will stick.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"cloe" wrote in message
Hi, I created an add-in and attached a toolbar to it.
Now when I try to edit that toolbar the edits do not seem
to take. I read that the toolbars are stored in two
locations and tried to...

* delete the toolbar
* open the add-in
* edit the toolbar

but it still does not work.

I also tried with a final step of attaching the toolbar
again but to no avail.

What am I missing here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

works perfectly Rob, many many thanks!

Toolbars barrowhill Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 November 25th 05 01:51 PM
toolbars markg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 14th 05 05:49 PM
toolbars markg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 25th 05 01:25 AM
toolbars Joe 90[_2_] Excel Programming 0 November 1st 03 02:23 AM
toolbars devnext Excel Programming 2 October 28th 03 01:50 PM