Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting Excel Formula to Macro

Bob -

Let me try to clarify what is currently being done. The process ma
sound clunky but works fairly well.

The Process:

1. Someone on my team is enters data into an predefined exce
spreadsheet (template) Data entry begins at row 5.

2. When the data entry is complete, a pre-written formula is copied t
each row/ record into column L. The formula
is stored in Cell L1 as a string using an apostrophe. The formul
looks at columns AN - AV to build a formated
pricelist. (Yes the template is large).

3. After the formulas is copied, a macro is run against the sheet t
prep and save the the data. By prep,
I mean certain characters -- commas, quotation marks, trademar
symbols, among others -- are converted
to numeric equivalents -- &#<ASCIIValue;.

4. The sheet saved as a CSV file and run through an XML generator t
format the data into a valid XML file.

I would like to do is be able to automate the part where the formula i
being copied. Better yet, if I would
prefer to replace the formula altogether with the formula result.

***

What I meant by "n" is the number of rows that contain data. Thi
number can vary on any given day.

Does this make more sense

--
mjm91