Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Link to Pivot Table with specific page value

I have an Excel workbook that contains a Pivot Table and a Chart
object (not a Pivot Chart) created from data in the Pivot Table. When
different pages are selected in the Pivot Table, the Chart is updated
with the new data. Simple stuff.

I have to create a report that contains several copies of this Chart,
one for each page option I select in the Pivot Table (e.g., the Page
field in the PT is "Department" and I select a particular Department
to see the data for it, and have to have a section in the report
containing each Department's chart). Rather than go through the
motions of "change the Pivot Table page, copy the Chart, paste it into
Word" nine times each month (once for each Department's chart), I'd
like to paste the Charts into Word as Links and have them
automatically update.

Unfortunately, when I paste the Charts as Links, all charts update
identically when a new Pivot Table page is selected; they all end up
being the same chart.

Is there a way to create the Link in Word such that it displays the
Chart as it would look if a particular Page value were selected in the
Pivot Table? Along the same lines, is there a way to create a link
directly to a Pivot Table with a particular Page selected?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cindy