Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing a .txt file

I am having trouble writing a .txt file with non-numeric
fields delimited with ".

In my macro I prepare the data in the format I want. But
I have tried every type of "save as" and cannot get the "
around the text column data. The data should look like
this:
"1234","E","OT",8.5,,,,,,"9/26/2004"

Note first column is an employee id, the last column is a
date. How can I write a file that would give me this
format?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://support.microsoft.com/default...48&Product=xlw
XL2000: Procedure to Export a Text File with Both Comma and Quote Delimiters

http://support.microsoft.com/default...96&Product=xlw
XL2002: Procedure to Export a Text File with Both Comma and Quote Delimiters

http://support.microsoft.com/default...83&Product=xlw
How to export data to a text file with comma and quote delimiter in Excel

Tom Ogilvy

"Claus" wrote in message
I am having trouble writing a .txt file with non-numeric
fields delimited with ".

In my macro I prepare the data in the format I want. But
I have tried every type of "save as" and cannot get the "
around the text column data. The data should look like
this:
"1234","E","OT",8.5,,,,,,"9/26/2004"

Note first column is an employee id, the last column is a
date. How can I write a file that would give me this
format?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

Thank you very much. This is just what I needed.

Claus

XL2000: Procedure to Export a Text File with Both Comma

and Quote Delimiters

us;291296&Product=xlw
XL2002: Procedure to Export a Text File with Both Comma

and Quote Delimiters

us;123183&Product=xlw

.