Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default keeping track of a range of cells in another spreadsheet or access database

Hi, Tom Ogilvy many thanks for your help on my other posting, my next
question maybe possible and I hope you or others can point me in the
right direction.

Having created a spreadsheet I want to output a range of cells to either
another spreadsheet or access database and keep them catalogued by date
order, a value held in a specific cell on the original spreadsheet.

I be changing theses cells and date cell regularly and need to over
write the ones held in the other spreadsheet, therefore if its a new
date another entry would be added to the other spreadsheet or access
database but if its a date already entered then the cells linked to that
date would be over written with the new values.

Does that make sense ?

Obviously I will need to have a search function that looks to see if the
date exists, if not enter the date and linked cell values, if it does
then move to that position and overwrite the values.

Hopefully someone will be able to make sense of my rantings and offer me
some advice, guidance, or if possible some coding examples.

Regards, Colin