Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting Excel spreadsheet with formulae to Access database

We currently use an Excel spreadsheet at work which includes a number of
VLOOKUP and SUM formulae. I'd like to create a Microsoft Access database from
this spreadsheet - is there a way of retaining or replicating these formulae
in Access? (I do not want to simply link the spreadsheet to Access as this
won't speed up access to the data)
Thanks,
Andy

--
Andreas L.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andy,

Normally calculations (such as cells with formulas) aren't stored in tables. They're
redundant, and when the data changes, then they're old. Calculations, when needed, are
usually performed in the output (queries and reports). Access has many functions, similar
to those of Excel. The VLOOKUP may well need to be replaced by related tables.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com