Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please help me with this email from excel

Hi!!
I send a email from excel its working allright
but i can't make it look good
I use chr(9) to tab
like this
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy")
& Chr(13)

but it don't get so good with the second CHR(9) how can i make this nice.

reagrds

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alvin,

Is this any better:

msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn _
& Chr(9) & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & _
Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy") & Chr(9)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Alvin Hansen" wrote in message
Hi!!
I send a email from excel its working allright
but i can't make it look good
I use chr(9) to tab
like this
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & Format(Date,
"dd/mm/yyyy")
& Chr(13)

but it don't get so good with the second CHR(9) how can i make this nice.

reagrds

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No sorry
I can see theat chr(9) works but
if i have some text "aaaa" and then chr(9) and then tekst again and chr(13)
new line
and some text "aaaaaaaaaa" and then chr(9) then my tab its not the same
place like the first tab. in the first i have 4"a" and in the second i have
10"a"
so my second tab moves more to the right
I don't understand why this tab dosn't work in a email

regards

Alvin

"Norman Jones" skrev:

Hi Alvin,

Is this any better:

msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn _
& Chr(9) & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & _
Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy") & Chr(9)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Alvin Hansen" wrote in message
Hi!!
I send a email from excel its working allright
but i can't make it look good
I use chr(9) to tab
like this
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & Format(Date,
"dd/mm/yyyy")
& Chr(13)

but it don't get so good with the second CHR(9) how can i make this nice.

reagrds

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A workaround

You can use Html to send a part of the worksheet
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Alvin Hansen" wrote in message ...
No sorry
I can see theat chr(9) works but
if i have some text "aaaa" and then chr(9) and then tekst again and chr(13)
new line
and some text "aaaaaaaaaa" and then chr(9) then my tab its not the same
place like the first tab. in the first i have 4"a" and in the second i have
10"a"
so my second tab moves more to the right
I don't understand why this tab dosn't work in a email

regards

Alvin

"Norman Jones" skrev:

Hi Alvin,

Is this any better:

msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn _
& Chr(9) & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & _
Format(Date, "dd/mm/yyyy") & Chr(9)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Alvin Hansen" wrote in message
Hi!!
I send a email from excel its working allright
but i can't make it look good
I use chr(9) to tab
like this
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Name:" & Chr(9) & navn & Chr(13)
msg = msg & Chr(9) & "Booking Date: " & Chr(9) & Format(Date,
"dd/mm/yyyy")
& Chr(13)

but it don't get so good with the second CHR(9) how can i make this nice.

reagrds

Alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tanks i get it to work now
But again a problem, I have a tectbox in this user form
with multiline, how can i do it so it takes a new line when there are a new
line
I use this noamlly in HTML
Replace(Server.HTMLEncode("Comment"),vbCrLf,"<br" )
But in this email it dosn't work i get a error
do know how to do this

Alvin

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

A workaround

You can use Html to send a part of the worksheet
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Alvin Hansen" wrote in message ...
No sorry
I can see theat chr(9) works but
if i have some text "aaaa" and then chr(9) and then tekst again and chr(13)
new line
and some text "aaaaaaaaaa" and then chr(9) then my tab its not the same
place like the first tab. in the first i have 4"a" and in the second i have
10"a"
so my second tab moves more to the right
I don't understand why this tab dosn't work in a email

regards

Alvin

"Norman Jones" skrev:

Hi Alvin,