Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I hide an Excel module or macro from other users

How do I hide and protect an Excel module or macro from other users
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Illuminator,

In the VBE:

Tools | VBAProject Properties | Select Protection tab
| Check Lock project for viewing | Furnish & confirm password | OK

Whilst this will deny casual access to your code, the protection afforded by
Excel may readily be removed by anyone with the ability to Google.

---
Regards,
Norman

"illuminator" wrote in message
How do I hide and protect an Excel module or macro from other users

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Illuminator,

If the project has been named, say "MyProject", VBAProject properties would
be: MyProject Properties.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Illuminator,

In the VBE:

Tools | VBAProject Properties | Select Protection tab
| Check Lock project for viewing | Furnish & confirm password | OK

Whilst this will deny casual access to your code, the protection afforded
by Excel may readily be removed by anyone with the ability to Google.

---
Regards,
Norman

"illuminator" wrote in message
How do I hide and protect an Excel module or macro from other users

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

To hide VBA code, insert the word Private before a sub e.g.

Private Sub Testmacro ()
code....
End Sub

Rob

"illuminator" wrote in message
How do I hide and protect an Excel module or macro from other users

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear,
when we lock by using the mentioned method, it generated
another 2 files, atpvbaen.xls (ATPVBAEN.XLA) and funcres
(FUNCRES.XLA). Do you have any ideal of them?
Regards

wrote in message

How do I hide and protect an Excel module or macro

from other users

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

These two files have nothing to do with locking your project. They are
associated with the analysis toolpak and analysis toolpak - vba which are
shipped with excel and enabled by going into Tools=Addins and selecting
them (which it appears you have done).

Tom Ogilvy