Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Football Predictions Spreadsheet formula problem

I have a football predictions spreadsheet that I would like help with
working out a formula.

An example of the spreadsheet is here
http://www.geocities.com/gloriousgle...ctionstest.xls

A persons score predictions are put into the cells B1(thru to B13) and
D1(thru to D13). What I would like to do is when I put the 'Result'
scoreline into G4(thru to G13) and I4(thru to I13) I would like the
relevent amount of points to be shown in J4(thru to J13).
0 points for a wrong prediction
1 point for correct result
3 points for correct result and scoreline.

Many thanks for any help with this.
Glenn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glen

Only did light testing, but try

=IF(B4&D4=G4&I4,3,IF(AND(B4D4,G4I4),1,IF(AND(B4< D4,G4<I4),1,IF(AND(B4=D4,G4=I4),1,0))))

and copy down

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Glenn Richardson" wrote in message
om...
I have a football predictions spreadsheet that I would like help with
working out a formula.

An example of the spreadsheet is here
http://www.geocities.com/gloriousgle...ctionstest.xls

A persons score predictions are put into the cells B1(thru to B13) and
D1(thru to D13). What I would like to do is when I put the 'Result'
scoreline into G4(thru to G13) and I4(thru to I13) I would like the
relevent amount of points to be shown in J4(thru to J13).
0 points for a wrong prediction
1 point for correct result
3 points for correct result and scoreline.

Many thanks for any help with this.
Glenn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi glenn,

i can mail you a file for you that i've created a while ago.it works fine...
you would just need to alter the amount of point dealt.
you can also manage a list of players in it.

Rhum51