Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default reading data from com port into excel spreadsheet

I'm reading data from a weight scale that's connected to the com port. I
have the code completed already to read this data in a row and then
increment the row. The next problem I'm having is I want to send this data
to a label to print it and at the same time keep putting the data in the
rows for storage. The label has 5 cells that I want to fill with data and
each time the data from the com port can be put into these same cells. Can
I put data into a cell without selecting it?

Thanks for anybody's help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Neil,

"Neil K" wrote:
[...]
each time the data from the com port can be put into these same cells. Can
I put data into a cell without selecting it?

Yes You can. Try this:

Sub FillInCell()
Cells(5, 3) = "Hello, World!"
End Sub

Success!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Evelien,

Thanks for the response. My variable is "RB" for the buffer coming in.
Would I just use your code and instead of text, put

Cells(5, 3) = RB
??
Thanks
Neil

"Evelien Snel" <Evelien wrote in message
Hi Neil,

[...]