Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling a procedure in a protected VBA Addin Project

Tony,

I have no problems calling macros in protected projects. What
specific error do you receive?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tony Seiscons" wrote in message
Is there any way to call a procedure in a protected project? I
need to use
a call like:
Application.Run WkbName & "!" & ProcName
but when the called project is locked for viewing an error is
generated.
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem now, Chip. You get this problem if you're code tries to modify
code lines within the protected Project (i.e. modify itself) and I was able
to identify my offending code using a liberal smattering of debug.print
lines. The problem was that I was setting the Project help file with
Application.ThisWorkbook.VBProject.HelpFile = ThisWorkbook.path & "\" &
gsHELPFOLDER & "\" & gsCONTEXTHELPFILE
This constitutes modifying the Project Properties which you can't do if the
Project is protected. I believe the solution will be to use the Help API
calls.
I've got a lot of help and inspiration from you're Web site by the way so
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you. I didn't use it but your
Alert display would have been useful for tracking this problem.
:thanx:
Tony