Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help please! Animated gif does not show animation when form displa

Folks,

Anybody knows how to add an animated gif image (e.g. my_anim_image.gif) to
an Excel VBA form, such that when the form is displayed the user can see the
animation???

I added an image control to my form and in the picture property I loaded an
animated gif image, but so far it does not show the animation when the form
is displayed. I am sure the gif image I have is animated because when I open
it using the €œWindows Picture and Fax Viewer€ it shows the animation.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all who contribute to the answer

JoCa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The image control doesn't support animated gifs. Some have recommended
using a browser control.

Tom Ogilvy

"JoCa" wrote in message
Folks,

Anybody knows how to add an animated gif image (e.g. my_anim_image.gif) to
an Excel VBA form, such that when the form is displayed the user can see

the
animation???

I added an image control to my form and in the picture property I loaded

an
animated gif image, but so far it does not show the animation when the

form
is displayed. I am sure the gif image I have is animated because when I

open
it using the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" it shows the animation.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all who contribute to the answer

JoCa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help please! Animated gif does not show animation when form di

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion. I Added the Microsoft WebBrowser control
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHDOCVW.DLL) to my form but I dont see where can I
specify the animated gif I want to use. There is no FileName, Picture, URL or
other property that I recognize where I can specify the path and filename of

"JoCa" wrote in message
Folks,

Anybody knows how to add an animated gif image (e.g. my_anim_image.gif) to
an Excel VBA form, such that when the form is displayed the user can see

the
animation???

I added an image control to my form and in the picture property I loaded

an
animated gif image, but so far it does not show the animation when the

form
is displayed. I am sure the gif image I have is animated because when I

open
it using the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" it shows the animation.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to all who contribute to the answer

JoCa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guess I should have said Web Browser control. A sampling of some answers to
this question from the past:

Hello,

it' s really easy. Use the "Gif89 1.0"-Control. You can get it on
http://www.schlotsoft.de/hauptseite.htm in the Corner "Für Programmierer -
VB6/C++ - Controls". Before you can use it, you have to register this
control with "regsvr32.exe"

Have a nice day
Peter from Tyrol, Austria
---------------

From: Efstratios Malasiotis )
Subject: Animated gif in a userform or spreadsheet ???

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: 2000/06/18

Hi Jonco,
I don't think that Excel itself can do this. You'll have to use a control
(Microsoft, third-party, your own).
For example you could use Microsoft Web Browser and use
WebBrowser1.Navigate="anigif.gif". Not a
good solution though.

HTH
Stratos

-------------------
You can view animated gifs and URLs through a VBA dialog, just add a webb
browser control to your form and use the navigate method to direct
it to the URL or animated gif:

With Me.WebBrowser1
.Navigate "d:\flame.gif"
End With

The browser control is contained in SHDOCVW.DLL (probably in your win\sys32
dir, if you have it installed)

Regards,

Andrew Baker.
-------------------

Did you try:

Add a Web Browser control to the form, then set it's contents to be the gif
in code:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()

webbrowser1.Navigate "file://c:/mydir/myfile.gif"

End Sub

Hi Tom

You can not do that unless you use external components -like the webbrowser
component. The resource overhead hardly makes it worth it -my 0.02 only.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

Tom Ogilvy

From: Efstratios Malasiotis )

View this article only