Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Master to Report Tabs

Finally got my master figured out. Now they want daily reports...

I have a master document with three columns. Col A is File Type, Col
is File #, Col C is Date Approved. I would like to make a new documen
that has a separate tab for each date and contains only the File Typ
and File # excecuted on that date. I also want this to update as mor
dates are added. How do I create a macro to do this? Is there a way t
search through the dates and create tabs named "x date"? Then add th
file information. Once I get all the tabs named and all the tes
information linked, I would like to update this new document dail
looping through the tab names and if the name of x date is alread
there, do nothing, but if the name of x date isn't there, create a ne
tab, name it x date and add the test numbers executed on that date?

So basically in a very small scale, here's what I have:

Column A File Type
Column B File #
Column C Date Approved

ABC 1234 9/1
BCA 3425 9/2
ACC 4324 8/30
ABC 8767 9/1
BCA 1231 9/2
ACC 4325 9/1

I would like a new document that has

Tab 8/30/04
ACC 4324

Tab 9/1/04
ABC 1234
ACC 4325

Tab 9/2/04
BCA 3425
BCA 1231

And I would like it if tomorrow, when I add:

BCA 2345 9/3
ABC 6543 9/3
BCA 1232 9/3

I would like the following added in a new tab

Tab 9/3
BCA 2345
ABC 6543
BCA 1232