-   -   Chart properties (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310866-chart-properties.html)

Dr.Schwartz

Chart properties

I'm setting a whole list of properties for my chart, however the font.size
does not get set if Application.ScreenUpdating = false. Here is an example of
the code:

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
.AxisTitle.Font.FontStyle = "normal"
.AxisTitle.Font.Size = 11 'does not get set
.TickLabels.Font.Size = 11 'does not get set
.MajorGridlines.Delete
.MinimumScale = -25
.MaximumScale = 125
.Crosses = xlAutomatic
End With

Why is this? I really prefer to keep the Application.ScreenUpdating = false.

Thanks
The Doctor

Rob Bovey

Chart properties

This works fine for me in Excel 2000 with screen updating set to True.
What version of Excel are you using?

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Dr.Schwartz" wrote in message
I'm setting a whole list of properties for my chart, however the font.size
does not get set if Application.ScreenUpdating = false. Here is an example
of
the code:

With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue)
.AxisTitle.Font.FontStyle = "normal"
.AxisTitle.Font.Size = 11 'does not get set
.TickLabels.Font.Size = 11 'does not get set
.MajorGridlines.Delete
.MinimumScale = -25
.MaximumScale = 125
.Crosses = xlAutomatic
End With

Why is this? I really prefer to keep the Application.ScreenUpdating =
false.

Thanks
The Doctor

Dr.Schwartz

Chart properties

Hmm, also Excel 2000. I guess I will have to accept this bug-like thing.

Thanks anyway Rob

The Doctor