Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Different options to hide tabs in Excel

Hello
Excel4Macro sheet ?
HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Novice" <6tc1ATqlinkDOTqueensuDOTca a écrit dans le message de
Hey all, I know of two ways to hide the tabs of worksheets in Excel (I'm
using 2003).

1. By going into "Tools"-"Options" and then unclicking "Sheet Tabs"
2. By going into the Sheets (whose tab you want to hide) and selecting
"Format"-"Sheet"-"Hide"

However, I've been looking at this one excel file and I can't figure out

how
it is hiding its tabs.

It doesn't seem to be hiding the tabs with either of the above two methods
since:
1. The "Sheet Tabs" checkbox is clicked (i.e. they should be showing
according to that). Also, I've tried deselecting that checkbox, clicking
"ok" and then tried going back in and selecting it and clicking "ok" and
still the tabs don't appear.
2. I can't unhide the sheets under "Format"-"Sheet"-"Unhide". Also in

the
VB code that shows the sheets, it just uses the "Select" method of the

sheets
- which wouldn't be possible if the sheet was not visible (i.e. you would
have to make the sheet visible first).

I think this excel file may have been created with an earlier version of
excel and therefore it may be using an alternate means to hide the tabs.

I should add, that no tabs control is even visible in the excel workbook -
i.e. regardless of what sheet you are on - you can't access the tab

control
on the bottom of the page. Which matches the criteria of the "Sheet Tabs"
checkbox - but it is definitely checked.

Thanks for any suggestions as to how these tabs (specifically the whole

tab
control) is being hidden.

Novice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have no idea what that means, but I did manage to find out how the tabs
were being hidden.

I found the answer in another newsgroup posting:

Kind of a sleazy "hide", but you can do it: Drag the left vertical bar
in your horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen (the one that cuts
off your "Sheet3" or "Sheet4" or whatever tab) all the way to the left edge
of your Excel window. This "sort of" hides the tabs, but they are still
there.

Thanks anyway,
Novice