-   -   Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310718-change-name-column-heads-b-c-etc-something-else.html)

steve

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

Is it possible to change the column heading names in a
macro ?

For example, I would like to rename column A to "Date" and
column B to "Surname"

If it is possible, would you please show me how to do it
and confirm whether or not this renaming might prove
problematic if I have to specify cell ranges within my
macro. i.e. if I refer to cell A will I have to refer to
it as "Date" from now on ?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Ron de Bruin

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

Hi Steve

You can use window -Freeze Panes in the menubar
to freeze the first column and Row.
Select cell b2 and do window -Freeze Panes

You can put your own headers in the first row and column then

Under Tools -options -View uncheck row & column headers so
the default row and column headers are gone

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to change the column heading names in a
macro ?

For example, I would like to rename column A to "Date" and
column B to "Surname"

If it is possible, would you please show me how to do it
and confirm whether or not this renaming might prove
problematic if I have to specify cell ranges within my
macro. i.e. if I refer to cell A will I have to refer to
it as "Date" from now on ?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Tom Ogilvy

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

It isn't possible. The best you could do is use row1 to simulate column
headings.

Tom Ogilvy

"Steve" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the column heading names in a
macro ?

For example, I would like to rename column A to "Date" and
column B to "Surname"

If it is possible, would you please show me how to do it
and confirm whether or not this renaming might prove
problematic if I have to specify cell ranges within my
macro. i.e. if I refer to cell A will I have to refer to
it as "Date" from now on ?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

steve

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

Thanks for that Ron, however, I am trying to work out how
to automate this task (using a macro). Any ideas?

Regards
[...]

.

Ron de Bruin

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

Any ideas?

The best thing you can do is to record a macro when you do this manual Steve.
You will get something like this then

Range("B2").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve" wrote in message ...
[...]

Tim[_39_]

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

.... and then use Tools Options un-check row & column headings if you
want to remove

A B C D E
1
2
3

from the page (migth cause you trouble navigating your sheet though).

Regards,

Tim

"Steve" wrote in message
Is it possible to change the column heading names in a
macro ?

For example, I would like to rename column A to "Date" and
column B to "Surname"

If it is possible, would you please show me how to do it
and confirm whether or not this renaming might prove
problematic if I have to specify cell ranges within my
macro. i.e. if I refer to cell A will I have to refer to
it as "Date" from now on ?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Poseur

Change the name of column heads from A,B, C etc to something else

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in
:

It isn't possible. The best you could do is use row1 to
simulate column headings.

What about just a named range (he said naively)?

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer