Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting error in code

Code I prepared at home on Excel XP, when brought to work
and run on Excel 2000 is halting on last line,
highlighting "SearchFormat:=": <<What's the prob?
Probably has to do with the Tools, References.. which
I'm not familiar with like I'm gonna be...LOL
TIA,

Dim MyKey As String
MyKey = Cells.Find(What:="1)Insu", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

SearchFormat:=False

The SearchFornat argument is not available in xl2k.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jim May" wrote in message
Code I prepared at home on Excel XP, when brought to work
and run on Excel 2000 is halting on last line,
highlighting "SearchFormat:=": <<What's the prob?
Probably has to do with the Tools, References.. which
I'm not familiar with like I'm gonna be...LOL
TIA,

Dim MyKey As String
MyKey = Cells.Find(What:="1)Insu", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi,
Try changing to this
MyKey = Cells.Find(What:="1Insu"), After:=ActiveCell,
I am not sure what Inus is.

note: it is not wise to write code in a applicatin version
higher that the version the code will be run in.
code should be written on the version that it will run in.
many time there are no problems but sometime there are.
Code I prepared at home on Excel XP, when brought to

work
and run on Excel 2000 is halting on last line,
highlighting "SearchFormat:=": <<What's the prob?
Probably has to do with the Tools, References.. which
I'm not familiar with like I'm gonna be...LOL
TIA,

Dim MyKey As String
MyKey = Cells.Find(What:="1)Insu", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Norman;
I did remove-it and did a re-run;
but it bombed and highlighted the entire statement;
Any suggestions as to a remedy

The SearchFornat argument is not available in xl2k.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jim May" wrote in

message
Code I prepared at home on Excel XP, when brought to

work
and run on Excel 2000 is halting on last line,
highlighting "SearchFormat:=": <<What's the prob?
Probably has to do with the Tools, References.. which
I'm not familiar with like I'm gonna be...LOL
TIA,

Dim MyKey As String
MyKey = Cells.Find(What:="1)Insu", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Forget the above; I tried it again after removing it
and it worked!! I must have screwed up the 1st try;
can't imagine... LOL
Thanks to all,