Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excessive time loading/saving file

I have an 1106Kb excel 2000 file that takes over 1 min (nearly two) to load
which I find excessive. The same file without the combo boxes (about 100),
some code to modify the default header and a multipage (3) userform with
minimal code is about 550Kb and loads within secs.

I can't believe the slow load time is normal. Am I missing something? or
how can I reduce the load time?

Do some features like Vlookup or combo box degrade performance?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Close excel and try cleaning out your temp folder and any subfolders found
in your temp folder (particularly those sub folders that appear associate
with Excel or VBA).

Tom Ogilvy

"Emile Zac" wrote in message
I have an 1106Kb excel 2000 file that takes over 1 min (nearly two) to

load
which I find excessive. The same file without the combo boxes (about

100),
some code to modify the default header and a multipage (3) userform with
minimal code is about 550Kb and loads within secs.

I can't believe the slow load time is normal. Am I missing something? or
how can I reduce the load time?

Do some features like Vlookup or combo box degrade performance?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Made no difference