Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EASIER WAY THAN FILLING A RECORDSET?

Need to get a record from a field in table A, depending on a match to a
joined field in table B.
I'm filling a recordset with a SQL string, and then loading the first value
into a label. (there will only ever be 1 value returned.)
Filling a recordset seems like the long way to return a single value. Is
there an easier way? Can't get a DLookup to work because of the join
involved.(so I'm assuming)

Heres my query:

SELECT tblShellVersions.Shell FROM (tblShellVersions INNER JOIN
tblShellStats
ON[tblShellVersions].[ID]=[tblShellStats].[tblShellVersions_ID]) WHERE
(((tblShellStats.Alias)='10')) GROUP BY tblShellVersions.Shell ORDER BY
tblShellVersions.Shell;

--

/ Sean the Mc /

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)