Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help!

I have an Excel application which is based on two files:
1) a menu which the user will use to access the
application. Eventually this menu will allow the user to
do a number of things such as maintain static data used
for lookups etc. Currently I am trying to impliment two
features from this menu. (a) Open an existing data file
and (b) open a new data file based on a template. I am
having problems with both.
2) a template data file.

If I create a new data file based on the template, I need
to run a function that is contained in a standard module
within the template file. I posted a question on this the
other day and had two people suggest using
Application.Run. When I do this my code looks something
like this:

Application.Run "myTemplate!routineName", parameter

When I run the code I get an error message saying that it
can't find the macro. I tried putting in the path name
like this - C:\MyDir\myTemplate!routineName so the code
would look like this:

Application.Run "C:\MyDir\myTemplate!routineName",
parameter

This did not correct the problem.

Help says this command will run a macro written in Visual
Basic or the Microsoft Excel macro language, or to run a
function in a DLL or XLL.

I am also having a problem when I open an existing file. I
posted a question on this yesterday and got no response so
I will ask again.

I am using the following code to open the file:

fToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files
(*.xls), *.xls")
Workbooks.Open fileName:=fToOpen

When this runs, I get the file with a 1 at the end. If the
file I am opening is "Test.xls" the file is opened
as "Test1.xls".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin