Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Categorising figures

Hi, here's my problem

I got a list of products with their prices listed. I want to categoris
them. For example, if a price is in the 1 - 1000 range, I want th
letter 'A' to appear in a column next the price. How can I do that

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Basic approach:
Create a table of product categories and price ranges, ie
MaxPrice Category
1000 A
2000 B
etc

Then use =VLOOKUP(price_cell,table_range,2)

possibly some tweaking required. See VLOOKUP in excel help

"xDeniumx " wrote in message
Hi, here's my problem

I got a list of products with their prices listed. I want to categorise
them. For example, if a price is in the 1 - 1000 range, I want the
letter 'A' to appear in a column next the price. How can I do that?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the second column use an if condition like
=if(A1<1,"",if(A1<1000,"A",if(A1<2000,"B","C")))
you can have 7 such IFs

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in the second column use an if condition like
=if(A1<1,"",if(A1<1000,"A",if(A1<2000,"B","C")))
you can have 7 such IFs

- Mangesh

^
How do I put this condition and where do I write these IFs?