Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Pathnames?

I have assigned macros to option buttons in a sheet. All
works well in the original worksheet. When I update the
sheet and save it under another filename, then email it to
me, the macros don't work.

The error I get is filename Event_Calendar.xls can not be
found. The name of the new sheet is
Event_Calendar_v26.xls.

I edit the macro toolbar options and look at assign, the
full pathname is displayed...

'D:\Profiles\tmac\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\OLK13\Event_Calendar.xls'!DB_Filter_NextQ

If i delete the pathname and leave just the macro name of
DB_Filter_NextQ, the macro now runs. I then look at the
pathname again, it is now prefaced with the filename.

Is there a way to hardcode the macro to the local
reference only?

thanks

tim macklenar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have copy and pasted all of my macros into the thisworkbook module so I
can email the workbook to work, save as different file name etc. and they
still run. You will need to update the location of your macros on your
local machine to thisworkbook before sending.
HTH
Mark (InWales)

"TMAC" wrote in message
I have assigned macros to option buttons in a sheet. All
works well in the original worksheet. When I update the
sheet and save it under another filename, then email it to
me, the macros don't work.

The error I get is filename Event_Calendar.xls can not be
found. The name of the new sheet is
Event_Calendar_v26.xls.

I edit the macro toolbar options and look at assign, the
full pathname is displayed...

'D:\Profiles\tmac\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\OLK13\Event_Calendar.xls'!DB_Filter_NextQ

If i delete the pathname and leave just the macro name of
DB_Filter_NextQ, the macro now runs. I then look at the
pathname again, it is now prefaced with the filename.

Is there a way to hardcode the macro to the local
reference only?

thanks

tim macklenar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming