Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I link cells?

I have a report that gets updated monthly. Some info comes
in the report, the rest I have to put in.

I take my original report and copy it to two worksheets
within the workbook (Original, Changes, Inventory). On
one sheet (Inventory), I can vlookup information from the
previous month's report, and it fills it in. Vlookup
doesn't work on the other sheet (Changes), even though
there are no formatting differences, using same report
from previous month.

Col a = company number
col's b-h need to be filled in identically to all other
months based on the company number (column mapping is the
same).
Is there an IF function that would do this ? Or why will
vlookup work on the other sheet & not this one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,
I did a replace of any/all blanks (up to 4 spaces) and the
vlookup still returns a #N/A. The problem I have with
this is that I took the original sheet & copied to the
Inventory & Changes. I made no changes to either, and am
attempting the exact same thing on both, but it only works
on one!
Is there some kind of formula that will look up from one
sheet to the other & populate the next few cells?
Thanks - Jodi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, Jim.
I went to the current sheet and changed the format to
currency - decimals & $ showed up. Then I went to last
months report & did the same thing - nothing. Then I went
to this month's report that was already vlookup'd - and
nothing again!
I have no idea what a string is, but you said it won't
work. However, it worked on another sheet in the same
workbook!! Therein lies my confusion.
Any way to change the string so that its not a string??
Thank you SOOOO much for your help!!!
Jodi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim - got my answer from the knowledge base (Use Paste
Special with Multiply).
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!