Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to view other's reply in search mode...

While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi J

not sure how you're accessing this group as there's a number of different
ways - if you'ld like to mention how you access the newsgroup then i'm sure
someone will be able to help.

Cheers
JulieD

"JohnDing" wrote in message
While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe:
You have to find the message by looking at the date, time, subject, etc and
going back to your original listing.

Tom Ogilvy

"JohnDing" wrote in message
While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julie

OP is using CDO.

Using Agent I just hit the "h" key to see headers.

Don't know the equivalent in OE 6.00.2800.1437, which you're using.

Gord

"JohnDing" wrote in message
While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gord

still none the wiser - what is CDO?

for OE you just click on the + to expand the threads and see the responses
to the original message - for searching i use groups.google.com

Cheers
JulieD

"JohnDing" wrote in message
While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julie

That is the Web-based new reader. Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups.../036/topic.xml

See link to "getting stated etc."

For more than you(or I) ever wanted to know about CDO

http://www.outlookcode.com/d/cdo.htm

Gord

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:05:38 +0800, "JulieD"
wrote:

Hi Gord

still none the wiser - what is CDO?

for OE you just click on the + to expand the threads and see the responses
to the original message - for searching i use groups.google.com

Cheers
JulieD

.. .

"JohnDing" wrote in message
While I search by certain criteria, there are only
sender's messages appeared, but no replyer's reply, would
somebody tell me how to view other's reply in Search mode.

Thanks!
J.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're looking for old posts:

you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson