Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Different date behaviour in different computers

Hi,

One of my friend experienced this and told me over the phone.

He has a computer with XP and Office 2002.
In cell A1 he has a date (lets say entered using Ctrl + ;)
In cell A2 he writes a formula ="As on "&A1
The result displayed is As on 38244

(I know that excel represents date as numbers etc and the above may be
overcome using ="As on "&TEXT(A1,"mm-dd-yy")
But again my query is different.)

My friend has a colleague who has a computer with 98 and Office 2000.
His colleague works on the same file and in Cell A1 has a date.
In A2 his colleague enters ="As on "&A1
The result displayed is As on 09-14-04

Why are the 2 results displays different?

Regards,
Hari
India