Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple cell referencing

You can link a cell to another location with

=Sheet2!A1

as an example

If there are multiple columns then you might want

=Offset(Sheet2!$A1,0,$C$3)

so in C3 on your first sheet you would put in 0 to refer to column A on
sheet2, 1 to refer to column B on sheet2 and so forth.

if you copied this formula down your column, then you could control which
set of random numbers to use in the 14 cell by changing the value in C3

You could use code to loop through the values for the 15th cell and also to
loop through the values for cell "C3". On each iteration, write the results
in your table.
Tom Ogilvy

"Erunamo" wrote in message
Hi guys...hope someone can help me with this...

I have a financial model which requries 14 seperate inputs (interest

rates)
in a row and another seperate input (discount rate) further down the line.
However, these inputs are all part of a formula that will give me a single
answer at the end (Present Value). What I would like to do is to vary

these
15 cells and create a scenario analysis. I have generated 100 sets of

random
numbers to be placed in the row of 14 cells, while I would like to vary

the
15th input from around 1%-10%.

My questions actually a

1. Since I have generated the random numbers in a seperate sheet, is it
possible for me to make Excel automatically plug these random numbers into
the 14 cell inputs without me having to manually copy and paste over?

2. At the same time, I would like to vary the 15th cell input from 1%-10%.
Is there anyway I can generate the results by varying this 15 cell inputs
like a data table? Unless I'm wrong, the data table allows only the

variation
of 1 cell per row or column, whereas I have a variation of 1 cell for the
column and variations of 14 cells for the row, so is there anyway I can do
data table that takes into consideration the 15 inputs at the same time?

Thanks for the help!!!